Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 257 Honoring My Husband's Memory

It never ceases to amaze me how Bryan has the tendency to remember just about everything he needs to  accomplish in a day without writing a single thing down.  He has close to 70 properties and you can ask him on any given day who owes him what and he can tell you.  I so admire this ability because I have to write everything down.  Today I am honoring my husband's memory.

What is also so amazing to me is that although I do not remember the details of every tenant that owes us financially, I do remember certain events or I remember where I place things, and he often loses his keys.   I realized this is another way the Lord has blessed our union by having us compliment each other in this way.  Today I am honoring my husband's memory because it is worthy to be honored. 

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's memory or some ability he has that you do not?  How does his skill help compliment yours so you make the perfect union.  When Bryan and I were engaged, a gentleman told us to make sure we leverage our abilities in our relationship because that is the only way we will support each other.  Often times we may compare our abilities and question why our mate is not capable of doing what we can do.  Well it is because they are not us and we are not them and the Lord placed us in each other lives to lean on each other for support in our personal deficiencies.  I guess that is why the vows say "And the two shall become one."   So together we have the whole package.  How can you honor your husband's abilities today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Ephesians 5:31

No comments: