Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 268 Honoring My Husband With A Reframe

Laundry the labor of love. 
Cleaning Clothes, Clean Soul.
This evening I had the opportunity to have dinner with some fellow classmates after studying.  Two of  them are engaged to be married.  I shared with them my intent to conduct a survey of wives about what it means to be a wife.  I laughed when they both said that so far it means doing a lot of laundry.  They are both cohabiting with their fiance's.

When Bryan and I first got married and did what newly married couples do, discuss distribution of responsibilities.  He landed with the laundry and held that responsibility for several years.  He washed and I folded and put away.  Then something happened,  I'm still not sure what, but I am now the one that does laundry which is a chore I have never really liked to do.  People often say you are not the one actually doing the laundry, the washing machine does that.  My response has been, "When the washing machine is able to separate the clothes, put them in the wash, add detergent, fabric softener and then place them in the dryer, then you can say it does the laundry, until then someone in the house better handle these tasks otherwise someone is going to run out of clean underwear and/or socks."

However today one of my classmates gave me a nice reframe of doing laundry.  I shared that it was not one of my favorite tasks and she stated, I think of it as one of the ways I take care of him.  I thought Wow!, that is an awesome reframe.  I truly had not ever thought about it that way.  To me it was a task that needed to be done and someone had to do it whether it was me or him.  Today I am honoring my husband with a reframe of the task of doing laundry.

My friends comment reminded me of when the Lord says that we are to do everything to his glory.  Although I did not handle the task in a negative way, I know it was not something I did or do to the glory of God.  Tomorrow laundry will take on an entirely different life for me.  Thanks Jacqui for this lesson.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with a reframe?  Is there something that you do
not care to do but if you reframed it as a way of demonstrating care and love it would change your perspective?  Or if you did it to the glory of God it would make the task a true labor of love?  How can you honor your husband with a reframe today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The activity of reframing something perceived as negative into something positive
brings more happiness into your life." RAS

                                                                                                                                   

1 comment:

Conny said...

Not much to add except: THANK YOU for this post :) I love your take on laundry (the part about how it doesn't do itself - amen - and the part about how it is a way to take care of your family/husband). :)