Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 266 Honoring My Husband's Insight

His desire to counsel is a
demonstration of love.
On day 207 I shared the concept of C.H.A.I.R.S. from the book "Love & Respect"  by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  The I stands for Insight and is for us to appreciate our husband's desire to analyze and counsel.  Today I am honoring that desire, his Insight. 

Bryan taught high school and middle school for several years.  I have always been impressed with his way of helping someone to grasp and remember a concept.  I have always been challenged to remember names and dates.  I will need to conquer this challenge for my impending exam.  Today I asked Bryan to help me in this area because he is so good at it.  I was actually surprised at his ability to easily come up with a metaphor, historical event, analogy and cross reference of the information I need to retain.  In the midst of him helping me with this arduous task he began to analyze my process and counsel me on one he thought would be more effective.  My initial response was, "Honey, I learn different than you." And then I remembered he was in his desire to insight mode, so I immediately asked him to repeat his suggestion and told him I would try it. 

It was amazing to me how I could immediately see the difference in his face.  Today I honored my husband's insight and was amazingly blessed in the process.  Not only was he proud of the opportunity to help me.  I am truly grateful for his wisdom and insight.  Within an hour I was able to recall twice as much information then before we started.  I just love how God gives our mates skills and abilities we lack to help us be better at what we need to do.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's desire to insight?  How do you handle it when he offers counsel and analyze situations?  Are you open to his wisdom or do you shrug it off?  Next time, try listening with your heart to see if you hear something different than you have before. The book offers a few things we can do to appreciate this desire of our husbands.

1.  Don't complain that he is trying to fix you, it is natural for him to analyze all things.
2.  Thank him for his advice without acting insulted or like he doesn't care about your feelings.
3.  You recognize his problem-solving approach as his male brand of empathy.

 How can you honor your husband's insight today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Don't be wise in your own eyes." Proverbs 3:7

1 comment:

Conny said...

oh, another good one (well, ALL your posts are GOOD!!) ... :)
I can relate here as well. Sometimes I think I remain frustrated with something I need to do because I don't want to "bother" my husband. Then, finally, I'll ask or he'll offer to help me - and I'm usually always AMAZED at what insight he brings me!!! Love how God puts couples together when they strive to honor Him & each other!!