Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 269 Honoring My Husband With Flexibility

Go Ravens!
The countdown continues and there are only 3 more days to go. Praise God!  Bryan and I have been  looking forward to vacation.  As you may recall we changed our plans so we could spend the holidays with the family and decided to bring them along on vacation with us.  The plan was to leave on Sunday right after my closing ceremony at school.  However, Bryan realized the Baltimore Ravens are playing on Sunday beginning at 1PM.  My ceremony is not over until, guess what, you got it, 1PM. So the question became should we leave as planned or make yet another adjustment.

Bryan looked at me as if to say, "Can we leave on Monday?"  I stated to him, after Sunday, my schedule is open and the only thing on the table for me is to be with him and it did not matter when we left.  I could see the joy in his face.  He will be able to enjoy the game after the ceremony.  I was left wondering where will we watch the game.  My guess is someplace not too far from the location of the school so he does not miss too much of it.  Either way is fine with me.  I officially begin having the one role of being only a wife on Sunday afternoon somewhere between 1:00 & 1:30 PM. Today I honored my husband with flexibility.  It is the least I could do given he has been on somewhat of a hold for 2 1/2 years while I went through the program.

I am just excited and looking forward to the opportunity to read what I want, clean my house, help Bryan get some things in order, enjoy a few TV shows and watching football.  I actually enjoy the game myself.  I will also be learning what it means to have the one role of being a wife.  Remember to stay tuned for the impending survey.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband with flexibility?  What can you do to honor your husband with flexibility today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." Bruce Lee

No comments: