Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 282 Honoring My Husband With Koinonia

In my quest today to learn just a little more about relationships I was fumbling through the book Experiencing God Together by Henry T. & Melvin D. Blackaby.  I came across a chapter entitled Koinonia God's Love Expressed, Experiencing God's Love Together in Life.  I was intrigued by the chapter because I teach the concept of Koinonia during leadership school and I wanted to know how they use it in the context of relationships.  After reviewing their explanation I realized it is what I want for Bryan and me so today I am honoring him with koinonia.

Koinonia is a Greek word used in the New Testament and is usually translated as fellowship and means the practical expression of God's love toward His people.  However I learned from the authors that it is also translated to mean partnership, sharing and even stewardship.  Koinonia is where God's love is manifest in real life.  The authors describe it as agape love in action and the essence of God's great salvation.  I had never referred to it in quite that context.  They go on to state that when it is applied to God's relationship with His people it takes on a much greater significance.  It means we become partners with God and nothing is withheld in true partnerships.  They also state that sharing is the release of everything there is in you to the one with whom you are sharing.  This is why I am honoring my husband with Koinonia.

Learning about koinonia in this context had me thinking about the practical ways I demonstrate love to Bryan and I remembered a fun exchange we used to do when we were dating.  We had a contest with each other to see who could come up with the best dates.  For a few months we alternated planning our dates for Saturday night and we rated the evening on a scale of one to ten as it related to fun.  I do not remember which of us actually won but I do remember how much fun we had along the way.  We each engaged in activities we had never experienced like ice skating, and mountain climbing.  Today I am honoring my husband with koinonia and agape love in action by re-implementing our dating challenge.  I cannot wait to see what we come up with.  Stay tuned to hear more.

Wives of the world how can  you honor your husband with koinonia?  In what practical ways can you express agape love to your mate?  Feel free to tag along with us on our dating challenge and please remember to share your stories with us we would love to hear from you?

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: