Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 48 - Honoring My Husband With A Word Of Thanks

Today I am honoring my husband with a word of thanks for a wonderful celebration of our love.  We went to the Berks Jazz Festival and I had a wonderful time.  I absolutely love, love, love jazz and Bryan just likes jazz; so I am so thankful that he took the time to offer me the opportunity to enjoy several of my favorite artists as well as some local talent in Reading, PA.

The Lord never ceases to amaze me at what he can do.  We had a little mix-up with our seating at one of the shows. We purchased VIP tickets but turns out the VIP section was not so VIP.   I was quite disappointed. We made note of our complaint and shared it was a special night for us.   Our choices were to really make a big deal about it, leave and give up our tickets altogether or bear the brunt of the horrendous seats we had.  We were told it was a sold out show.  To give you perspective, the normal seats at the event, were nicely cushioned seats, kind of like the movies.  Our so called VIP seats were metal folding chairs strategically placed along a wall. We decided to buckle down and bear the brunt of the seats we had, at least we had a clear view to the stage.  We knew the volunteer workers were only messengers and had nothing to do with the mix up. 

About 15 minutes into the show, one of the workers approached us to tell us they were moving us to different seats.  As God would  have it we moved to seats that were better positioned than the ones we thought we purchased.   They placed us dead center a few rows from the stage and we saw a great show.  God is so good. I am honoring my husband with thanks because he was the one to put a bug in their ear.  He asked the question, "If someone does not show up for their seats, could we move?"  They responded, we do not have the authority to tell you to do that.  Praise God, we know someone that has all authority and always has the last word.  We were so grateful for the favor of the Lord.

Wives of the world, how can you honor your husband with thanks for always thinking ahead?  In what ways has he tried to make lemonade out of lemons?  Please share your story with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. Chron. 29:13

No comments: