Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 57 Honoring My Husband Through

Today I am honoring my husband through. Don't worry I did not leave off a word. Today was one of those days and as I prayed and asked the Lord to carry me through and asked for guidance in honoring my husband today, he simply replied, honor him through so that is exactly what I am doing. I have had a cold that past few days and Bryan has now caught my cold. Yesterday he got some bad news and today he woke up on the wrong side of the bed on top of not feeling well. Not a very good combination for anyone. Unfortunately for me I got to hear the brunt of his wrath and as I listened and prayed for wisdom, words and giudance from the Lord he simply said to love him through it.  Than he reminded me of the words of Jesus, Lord forgive them for they know not what they do.

So today, I am honoring my husband by loving him through.  I am loving him through his temporary loss of sanity because I know it was his head and not his heart.  I am loving him through by just allowing him to be as he needs to be to battle his illness and the tribulations of running a business.  As I know he was not feeling well and at the same time feeling overwhelmed at the tasks he had before him. I believe the Lord is growing my spirit in unconditional love and I welcome the sprout I received today.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband through? How do you demonstrate unconditional love when it is tough for you to do so? Please share your stories with us; we would love to learn from you?

Blessings,

Rochelle
The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love.... Numbers 14:18

No comments: