Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 61 Honoring My Husband With Company

Today was one of God's glorious days.  It was a cold, rainy day yet I could not help but notice how God takes the time to make sure we have life's most necessary ingredient, water.  My grandmother once told me that when it is raining the angels are having a joyous cry.  Well today was quite the joyous day for the angels.  How beautiful is that!

Bryan and I emerged today feeling better than we have in a week.  He had a few things on his plate to take care of around and about the city and I had school work to attend to, so when he asked me to accompany him on running his errands I thought that should be pretty cool. Tomorrow is his birthday and I hoped we would be able to spend some of the day beginning the celebration, however after running the errands we were both pretty wiped out and thought it best to head back home and take advantage of the rainy day by spending the rest of it in bed to continue our healing.

Today I honored my husband with company.  He was able to get his work done and I was able to get my reading done along the way.  He was happy not to be riding all over town alone in the rain and I was happy to be of good company to him and him for me.   Along the way, we had an interesting conversation about marriage and how it is all about change.  Bryan said to me that if he wakes up in the morning and I am still there it's another good day and he looks forward to the next one.  I could not help but laugh at his simple yet heartfelt way of taking things one day at a time.  We had several good laughs throughout the day and felt blessed to have the opportunity to just be. I don't often tell him how much I enjoy his humor but I do.  I love it when he makes me laugh.  Once again the Lord gave us just what was needed a little time to enjoy each other's company.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband by being company for him?  In what ways do you honor him with company?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"The best company to have is the kind that makes you laugh." R.A. Simmons

2 comments:

ronmar said...

Sorry I haven't been in a while just have a lot on my plater. I love when it rains we do share our company usually but this weekend my hubby had to work so I just laid in the bed but when he go home we shared quality time together and with our daughter talked about things of work and laughed that I almost stayed in bed the whole day. It was a nice evening

Rochelle said...

I am longing for another one of those days where I can just rest but without being sick. Just because I have taken the time to do so. Rochelle