Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 72 Honoring My Husband With Simplicity

The past few months have been quite the culinary challenge for me as I mentioned in an earlier blog.  I am not the greatest cook but it seems of late I have been more challenged than usual.  I just cannot seem to get it together in the kitchen of late.  I am not sure if it is because I have been pretty busy with school, my business and church activities, but whatever it is I am praying it will pass sooner rather than later. 

Because of this challenging time, today I am honoring my husband with simplicity.  He typically prefers simple meals.  I am the one who likes to always dress things up and go all out with my cooking and presentation.  Today and probably for the next week or so I am honoring my husband with simplicity in the kitchen.  The timing could not be any better, the warm weather allows for ease of cooking on the grill, which always tastes good.  Today was a simple chicken salad and soup, tomorrow will bring something just as quick, easy and in the grand scheme of things simple yet tasty.  I'm not sure what is going on or maybe God is trying to send me a message, whatever it is, I hope I get it sooner rather than later. 

I thought by being more intentionally focused on healthy meals it would bring some ease to the situation, but I think it may have escalated it instead of bringing it to a simmer.  I am still committed to ensuring I am intentional about our meals to honor God and our bodies by what goes in them, and I do want it to taste good.  I also want to please my husband, so this has been quite the downer for me and I'm seeking all the help and advice I can get; including calling on the name of Jesus.

Wives of the world, how do you handle it when your culinary skills are not what they used to be?  What are some of the easy meals you prepare that are easy, simple yet tasty?  I have a baker's rack filled with cookbooks; time to search through the one that says Quick Healthy and Delicious Cooking.   Maybe that's what I'm missing; someone else's creative thinking in the kitchen.  Please share your stories with us; this wife can use some help.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  Leonardo DaVinci


No comments: