Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 64 Honoring My Husband Through Submission

Hello wives of the world.  I think I have been avoiding this one since day one of starting the blog.  I am not really sure why, maybe because I am not totally sure about exactly what it means.  A colleague sent me a scripture referring to submission about day five and I said I would hold it until I heard from the Lord about it.  Well today I was in a meeting with one of my clients and the topic about submission came up and then on the way home I was listening to 95.1 Focus on the Family and yes they also brought up the topic of wives submitting to their husbands. 

It is not that I am against submitting to my husband, in fact I believe I do submit to him even when I do not agree, yet there is something about that word.  Today I am making the conscious choice to honor my husband through submission and although I am not totally clear on exactly all of what it means, I am committed to doing the research to find out.  In the meantime, I will leave you with the following scripture.

1st Peter 3
 1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Wives of the world, please weigh in on this one as I would really love to learn more about your perspective on honoring my husband through submission?  Today I am starting with honoring him through submission by doing something he asked me to do and putting off what I already had scheduled.  I figured that is a great start and I am truly curious about learning more about doing this God's way.  Please share your stories, insights and words of wisdom about this one.  I am sure we can all learn a thing or two about submitting to our husbands. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sticky, sticky subject for most. Depending on when you grew up, how you were raised and what you actually saw during that process submission can be a difficult thing. We have been raised in this culture to be independent and strong so the very thought of submitting to a man has raised many an eyebrow for women. Growing up in situations where there is no positive male role model or no male present at all leaves a void and a lot of confusion for both men and women on how submission should be displayed. Society gives us an opportunity as women to work hard and make as much money as we can so we really don’t see a need to “submit”. Men who have not been taught at home to be leaders often mishandle submission. I believe that there is power in submission and gives us power as women. Power to encourage, strengthen and lift up our relationship and our man.. A man that has been lifted up and encouraged is a powerful force. A man that feels like his women respects him enough to follow his lead feels like he can accomplish anything.

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Rochelle said...

You are so correct in all that you have said. I have been doing some more research on the topic of submission in marriage so stay tuned as I will be dedicating an entire page to this topic. I know it is a big one and I also know it can really have a positive and negative impact on a marriage from both sides of the coin. So if we have a more clear understanding of what it means according to God and how he intended us to be in this arena, I think it will lesson the anxiety most women feel when they her the word submission. We often forget the Lord also tells the husband to submit to the wife, yet we hardly ever hear anything about this side of it. Stay tuned for more on submission.