Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 74 Honoring My Husband With Initiative

Today I am honoring my husband with initiative.  A little more than a week ago I mentioned I was honoring my husband with a request.  So I started the day by setting the stage and sent him a very provocative text.  I later followed up by preparing the evening for what I hoped would come.  He seemed excited about the possibility that I had put forth my request. 

Well we all know things do not always go as planned.  When Bryan came home that evening after dinner he went to his favorite place on the couch and you would not believe what happened.  If you guessed he fell asleep, you are correct.  He fell asleep. I could not believe it but then I had to remember the day he told me he had and had to forgive him.  So whatever happened to my request, it got put on hold for a day or so.

So today, I did not want to set an expectation for myself or him so I decided to keep my plans to myself.  I am honoring my husband today with the blessing of initiative.  Instead of waiting on him, I will be making the moves on him.  So ladies, I have to cut this one short, it is late and past our bedtime and I want to make sure he does not fall asleep on me this time.

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband's with initiative?  Men love to know that they are desired just as much as we do, they just don't ever tell us they do.  How can you show your husband that you desire him just as much as he desires you by honoring him with initiative?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to get some great ideas from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Taking initiative is love in action."

No comments: