Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 59 - Honoring My Husband With Attentiveness

Today I am honoring my husband with attentiveness.  We are both sick and unfortunately for Bryan I passed it along to him.  I was pretty sick last weekend and spent two days in bed and he has been in bed much earlier than normal the past few days.  So today I honored my husband with attentiveness so we both can get better.  This meant a trip to the supermarket to stock up on medicinal items, liquid nourishment, some good comfort and healing soup and topped off with just some plain wifely love.

My hope is that by tomorrow we are both feeling much better.  As my heart aches for him because since I am coming out of it, I know how bad he feels and I feel even worse knowing I passed it along.  This is different for us because normally he does not catch my cold.  I believe this is God's way of telling us both to slow the heck down and truly smell the roses.  Sometimes the Lord just makes sure you spend quality time with him and each other.

I am off to continue my attentiveness so that tomorrow we emerge two healthy, happy beings because we have both been quite the mess.  You can imagine the amount of tissue and OJ we have gone through.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband with attentiveness?  How do you help him get back to a healthy state when his body is aching and flu has taken over his mind and body?  How can you honor him with attentiveness today, even if he is not sick, but just because?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to learn from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle
"Attentiveness is the quality of holding all our senses and faculties to the present moment, that is, being "all there"." Author unknown

No comments: