Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 68 Honoring My Husband With Reassurance

Things do not always go as planned.  When we schedule time to do something it always takes longer than anticipated.  When we believe the Lord is guiding us to go in one direction for a particular reason we later realize that we were way off track and he had another plan.

Bryan and I recently purchased some property.  The deals were so good we thought it best not to turn away.  However the time, cost and resources required to get it to a place to reap the benefits has gone okay but certainly not as planned. 

Today I am honoring my husband with reassurance.  Although things are taking longer than anticipated, I know the Lord we serve and I know he can do all things.  We have pretty much exhausted the allocated funds for the repairs yet we have people waiting in the wings to rent the properties.  Bryan and I are different in that he tends to worry more about how things are going to get done and I simply say a prayer turn it over to the Lord and wait for him to take action.  Today I am honoring my husband with reassurance that just like every other time we had to lean on the Lord for direction, this time will be no different.  And of course as the Lord would have it he provided the necessary wisdom to develop a strategy that will move things along.  I just so love the Lord.  He has not failed me yet and I know he never will.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband with reassurance when he may be stressing about something? 

Blessings,

Rochelle

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

        

2 comments:

ronmar said...

Time is an essence in itself it come and goes quickly we just need to remember time has no pace. No matter what there is always a obstacle in our plans but we have to keep going forward if not we will never get to achieve what we succeeding for I reassure my husband all the time sometimes I have my doubts I just keep them to myself or I say a prayer (TTG) either way things have a way of working out.

Rochelle said...

Thank you for that reminder and reassurance as I keep telling Bryan and myself the Lord knows and in the end it is his plan that will come to fruition.