Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 63 Honoring My Husband With Joyfulness

I absolutely love it when I have a productive day and today was one of those days.  I got an early start, met with two clients, completed a project I was working on and closed out the day with another project meeting.  I love it when things work out that way.  So today I am honoring my husband with joyfulness to spread and share some good cheer. 

Bryan and I had to meet up near the accountant's office to send off our taxes.  I could tell he was a bit down because of several mishaps earlier in the day when trying to get his truck registered.  I tell you it seems my husband just cannot get a break but I always remember, no matter what happens, it can always be worse so I continue to praise the Lord anyhow.  To help keep his spirits up I sent him a text thanking him.  No matter what he has going on he always seem to amaze me at how much of the little things he remembers. 

Today I am honoring him with joyfulness to bring a smile to his face.  Joyfulness because I know when I share how much I appreciate him, it's like sending a smile through the phone and joyfulness because I just simply wanted to lift his spirits.  Joyfulness because I know a smile can change one's entire attitude and bring strength and inner joy.

Wives of the world, in what ways can you honor your husband's with joyfulness?  How do you send him a smile via technology when being there is not an option?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

No comments: