Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 66 Honoring My Husband With A Request

I had a very interesting conversation on yesterday with a few women at my workout facility.  The conversation was about our husband's and specifically meeting their needs in the bedroom.  One of the woman shared how her husband recently started keeping track of their sessions (the name I adopted from a friend) on a calendar in their bedroom to keep track of how they are doing in that department. 

I found that quite interesting and thought well that could be a cool way to monitor the sexometer (this is my new term).  I also shared a challenge a Pastor made to the married couples in his congregation.  He challenged them to be in session for seven days in a row, not consistently but at least once a day for 7 days.  I also found this idea intriguing but exhausting at the same time.  His premise was that at the end of the 7 days your marriage would be forever changed. 

Today I am honoring my husband with a request for session.  Mainly because I want to but also because I know it will make both him and me happy and it is something I think I need to do more often.  I don't know that I will ever get back to the frequency of our early marital days but I do think I can start one request at a time.  The Lord speaks to us wives about session in 1st Corinthians; it states "The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer."

Wives of the world, in what way do you honor your husband with a request, specifically a request to be in session?  In what creative ways do you let him know it is your desire to fulfill the Lords words in 1st Corinthians?  Do you or your husband keep a calendar of your sessions?  How do you feel about the challenge to be in session for 7 consecutive days?  Please, please, please share your stories with us in regards to this topic.  After being married a few years I believe most of us are seeking creative ways to make our request known.  So if you have any great secrets that work, please share.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband." 1st Corin. 7:4

No comments: