Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 62 Honoring My Husband in Honor of his Birthday

Today is Bryan's birthday so I am honoring him in honor of him going over the hump to the other side of the 40's where you are closer to 50 than 40.  Love you much honey and may the Lord continue to bless you and us with many, many more years of celebrating your birthday!

Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Another free greeting by Smilebox




It was a great day filled with Jesus joy, family fun, God's favor and great dessert.  Bryan loves the Cheesecake factory so we decided to celebrate his birthday at the one in the Baltimore Harbor with his family.  When we arrived we were told it was a 4 1/2 hour wait.  I am not kidding you, 4 1/2 hour wait to have dinner.  My niece was the one to inquire and this is what they told her.  They also said it made no sense to give her a sensor because the timeframe was too long.  I could not believe my ears and sat there with my mouth open as I tried to digest a restaurant communicating it will be a 4 1/2 hour wait to have dinner. 

I was so shocked that I had to hear it for myself. I also knew Bryan really wanted to have dinner there so I said a little prayer, "Lord please work this out!" and proceeded to the desk.  I met a lovely young lady and as I inquired about the 4 1/2 hour wait, she agreed and said "yes, I know it sounds crazy but we have a lot of large groups today and our best estimate is 4 1/2 hours."  As I stood there having a brief conversation about the dilemma for Bryan's birthday, a woman walked up with her sensor going off.  She thought that all three of the tables she was waiting on were ready.  When she was told only one of them was ready, she got frustrated and said well just cancel all three tables.  I simply said thank you Jesus. 

I asked the attendant if it would be possible for our party of 9 to have her table.  Of course I included a slight plea and added that it was Bryan's birthday and this was one of his favorite places to eat.  To make a long story short, we were given the table the woman had turned away.  All I could say was thank you Jesus, for I knew it was nobody but him that had imparted much favor for us to have dinner at our preferred location with only about a 10 minute wait.  I could not help but be grateful, praiseful and absolutely thankful for this blessing.  Needless to say, the family was stunned when I returned to tell them we had a table and asked, how did you do that.  We had a great time and made sure we thanked the manager that agreed to allow us to go ahead of the several other groups that had arrived before us and were still waiting in line. 

The lesson in all of this, never and I mean absolutely never, ever count things out when you call on the name of Jesus.  Last week in church during communion service we sang a song that has a chorus that says, Jesus, something happens when I call your name, Jesus.  Well today was yet another piece of evidence that something definitely happens when I call upon his name.  He moves mountains and makes what seem impossible, possible.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband for his birthday?  How do you handle a situation that seems like a lost cause?  Do you get frustrated or do you call on the name of Jesus so he can make something happen?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years, so make each one count."
 

No comments: