Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 65 Honoring My Husband With God's Word

The Lord blessed us with a beautiful day today.  I believe he was giving us a glimpse of what's to come this summer. As I drove through the lovely countryside we live in I noticed how the trees are beginning to bloom.  There were nice buds all over the place and along with the buds were the branches that have been naturally pruned over the winter season.  I realized it is a season of transition.

As I admired God's wonderful work I could not help but think that this is the same process the Lord is taking me through on this journey with the blog.  He is pruning me and I am definitely in transition.  I know I will eventually fully bloom into the woman he would have me to be.  That being said today I am honoring my husband through God's word. 

In John 15 Jesus says, “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."  I love this scripture because each time I feel like the Lord is teaching me a lesson about what he wants me to change, this scripture reminds about the why, so that I will be more fruitful.  It goes on to say, "If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.  If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Today I am honoring my husband with God's word by holding true to the lessons the Lord is teaching me through this process.  As I drove through the countryside and had the realization about being in transition, my pruning process and the blog, I got really excited about the possibility of what I will look like in full bloom.  This scripture reminds me that just as long as I stay steadfast in God's word and stick to my assignment I will be fruitful.  I just love the thought of it.

Today I am honoring my husband with God's word because I truly want to become the woman God wants me to be.  If I am the woman God wants me to be, how can I not be the woman my husband needs me to be.  I am honoring him with God's word because as I go through the pruning process I know the Lord is going to teach me about all sorts of things including more insight about what it means to truly submit according to his word.  Today is day 65 and my prayer is that I never lose sight of my assignment and that I am able to remember each and every lesson the Lord is teaching me.

Wives of the world, in what ways can you honor your husband with God's word?  How do you hold yourself accountable to the direction the Lord is giving in terms of your husband and marriage?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15: 10-11

No comments: