Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 56 Honoring My Husband With Inspiration

Today I am honoring my husband with inspiration.  My husband is very talented.  He was one of the top basketball players in Baltimore in the 80's with the likes of Mugsy Bogue's, Reggie Williams, Reggie Lewis, and Duane Ferrell.  He also played against some of the greatest like Charles Barkley, Rick Smits, Johnny Newman and David Robinson.  He was not only talented on the court; he was just as talented in music, his first love.  He actually wanted piano lessons when he was young but his Mom bought him a drum set instead.  So what did he do, he turned lemons into lemonade and became a great drummer. 

He was one of the youngest drummers playing in the Baltimore circuit in the late 70's.  He went on to play in the college band and began his own band that played around town in the Pittsburgh circuit; however sports took over as priority and music became the sleeper inside.  Over the past few years he has mentioned on and off about playing in a band again.  I can see the excitement in his eyes every time he sees a set of drums, a bass or watches someone play the piano.  Although he never had lessons, he learned to play the piano by ear.

Today I am honoring my husband with inspiration.  Inspiration about him pursuing his first love and beginning a band to once again hit the Baltimore circuit.  I believe everyone should tap into that inner love that brings a spark to their spirit and since I know that is what playing music does for him, I am honoring him by inspiring him to pursue this passion.  I will be the first in line to hear him play.

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband with inspiration?  How do you or can you encourage him to follow his inner passion and pursue a love he's allowed to fall asleep?  How can you honor your husband with inspiration today?  Please share our stories with us; we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Make a difference in the world today, inspire someone to realize their dream." R.A. Simmons

No comments: