Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 69 Honoring My Husband Through A Signal

It is amazing to me how easy it is to mistakenly impact your mate in a negative manner.  A couple of weeks ago Bryan and I agreed that we would give each other a signal to let the other know when we have crossed the line after an incident where I felt he had done so.  This line could be if he felt I was not honoring him in the manner I have committed and for me if I felt he was negatively impacting me.

Today I am honoring my husband through a signal because Bryan had to give me the signal to let me know I was crossing the line.  I was sharing a story about the early days of our marriage.  To me it was not a big deal, however to him it was sort of a big deal and he felt I was breaking our contract.  I am so grateful for our agreement to give each other a clue in the moment so we can change the course of our behavior immediately as to not have a negative impact on each other. 

What became very clear to me is that what may seem minor and minimal to me may be significant to him and vice versa.  The lesson in all of this is to get agreement to publicly share a story about your marriage beforehand or ask for permission in the moment.  The other lesson is the value of having at time of occurrence feedback.  I think if we had not made the agreement to give each other a signal, our conversation later in the evening could have been very colorful.  When we commit our lives to someone it is our role to uplift them at all times and we may not always know when the other person feels we may not be doing  just that.  What's most important is that we are uplifting them in a manner that is most important to them and not to us.  I find it very interesting when I think something might be a sensitive manner and he feels it is no big deal. 
Wives of the world how do you or can you honor your husband through a signal?  How can you and your husband give each other a sign in public when either one of you unintentionally crosses the line?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle
"A signal is comprehended if it serves to make us notice the object or situation it bespeaks." Susanne Langer


No comments: