Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 199 Honoring My Husband With Authority

I am so grateful for my best friend (my computer) and technology.  Today as I am in New Jersey with family I was able to be blessed by the word of my Pastor via the internet and what a wonderful message he delivered.  The word came out of the book of Colassians and was about having a special assignment from God.  It was such a confirmation for me in many areas of my life.  One being this blog and the other my ministry, http://www.strategiestoglory.com/.  I truly believe the Lord has called me to do the work required in both of these areas.

One of the things my pastor spoke about was the concept of authority.  He related it to marriage and the husband having authority over the wife.  He stated that so many marriages fail because of a lack of understanding about what it means to submit.  He noted that many women are challenged to allow their husband's to have authority over them because they are not comfortable with the relationship.  He stated when we have accepted being in the relationship that we are in, we respect our partners.  When we lack acceptance, we lack respect. When we lack respect we cannot allow them to have authority.  He went on to say "You can have a PhD and allow someone you respect to have authority over you." 

Today I am honoring my husband with authority.  I must admit that before taking on the assignment of honoring my husband I probably was challenged in this area in some cases.  Mainly because I had no idea of the depth at which respect lies with a man and sometimes the mere aspect of questioning a situation can feel disrespectful to them. And also because I realized that deep inside sometimes I was not sure of his ability to do something.  Questions like, Can you do that? or Do you know what you are doing? or Why did you do that? or statements like, Let me do it. or Let's call so and so, he can do it. Each of these questions and questions can be and typically are received by our husbands as if we do not believe in them or hence respect their abilities. 

Today I can say this past several months has taught me a lot about what it  means to honor and respect my husband which positions me to allow him authority over me without question.  I am proud to say my husband has authority over me and I am fortunate enough to know that he will not abuse this authority.  It is my honor and privilege that God would afford me such a blessing.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband with authority?  Do you allow your husband authority over you? In what area is this a challenge for you or in what way does your husband feel challenged in this capacity? How often do you question his abilities or his way of wanting to handle a situation. Begin bridging the gap by entertaining the conversation.  We only get better by doing better.  I love Maya Angelou's famous quote, "When you know better, you do better."  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

I, Paul, have been sent on special assignment by Christ as part of God's master plan. Together with my friend Timothy, I greet the Christians and stalwart followers of Christ who live in Colosse. May everything good from God our Father be yours!  Colossians 1:1-2

"When you make peace with authority you become authority."  Jim Morrison

No comments: