Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 219 Honoring My Husband's Shift

Today was one of those days where I simply spent time reminiscing on the past few months of this  journey and wondering so what new insight will today bring.  At the end of the day I realized there was no new major insight or epiphany however I did notice a shift in my husband's behavior.  There was a time when I used to take on all the responsibility of the household in terms of cooking, cleaning etc.  I began this journey to be the change I wanted to see.  Although I often wanted more balance in our marriage in terms of taking care of the home, I had just about given up on that conversation.  Today I am honoring my husband's shift as it relates to this topic.

On yesterday as we pondered on what we would have for dinner Bryan stated, don't you have a paper due and I said yes, he then proceeded to say he would take care of dinner so I could work on my paper.  I thought I would fall out of my chair.  It was a little late in the evening so we ended up going out to dinner but then he offered to cook the next day to allow me the necessary time to complete the paper.  It is not that he has not offered to cook dinner before because he has, however it has not typically been in the context of recognizing my workload. Today I am honoring my husband's shift.  It is an acknowledgement that when you change the world around you also changes.  How cool is that!

He has mentioned several times over the past couple of month's that he has noticed a welcomed change in me so I am pretty sure it has had an impact on him as well.  I have noticed that I have not had to remind him about taking out the trash, changing the outside light bulbs when they go out,  or fixing some recent minor household repairs and that has been very nice.  Last week I acknowledged and thanked him for taking care of those things without me having to request it.  I could see his chest sticking out just a little bit further after that conversation.  I thought, now that was a nice deposit in his emotional bank.

Wives of the world in what way can you honor your husband for a shift he has made as a result of any change you have made?  What change have you noticed in him and how can you honor him for it?  Acknowledgement of changed behavior is always a deposit in their emotional bank.  What deposit can you make today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"By being the change you want to see you create the environment you desire to have." RAS

No comments: