Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 218 Honoring My Husband With Overflow


 I'm singing in the rain,
just singing in the rain;
What a wonderful feeling,
 I'm happy again
 When it rained on my birthday when I was very young my grandmother told me it was raining because   the angels were crying with joy because I was a year older.  That has stuck with me my entire life and it has rained on my birthday every since that day no matter where I have been in the world.  Well today the angels must have been crazy excited.  The rain was truly in abundance.  At first I was a little unnerved by the rain and as I proceeded to my car, after waiting for two hours for it to stop, I was near the Baltimore Harbor and as I walked along the marina pier I could see zillions of raindrops falling into this body of water.  It was as if the rain and the body of water were creating music together.  It was fascinating to watch.

As I walked I began speaking to the Lord and asked, what does this mean Lord. I have shared before that the Lord has been speaking to me through nature through this journey and I knew my being intrigued was more than a mere coincidence.  It has rained several times over the past month but this was the first time I was curious about a greater meaning.  The Lord answered my question by letting me know that the raindrops represented the frequency of his blessings in my life. 

As I continued to walk I noticed several puddles. They were everywhere I stepped.  My shoes, pants and bag got soaked before getting to my car. I again asked the Lord what did all this water mean. The Lord then let me know that I was experiencing the water as overflow because that is how much he loves us.  I was stopped in my tracks.  I was no longer bothered by the puddles but began to actually enjoy walking in the rain and through my blessings.  I then thought okay Lord, I know you love me and I know you love me unconditionally, what are you telling me?  It was then that the Lord revealed just as I was experiencing the water as overflow of his love for me, he wanted Bryan to experience my love as overflow in the same manner.  All I could say was Wow!  The water took on a new life for me and I became a kid in a playground full of puddles.  I wondered how many people actually thought I was a little off as I actually played and danced in a few of the puddles along the way.  My shoes getting wet no longer mattered.

Today I am honoring my husband with overflow.  I wondered so what can I do today to begin to represent my overflow of love for him and there before me was my answer.  I walked passed the French bakery that I know he loves and purchased his favorite dessert.  It was a small gesture but one that will mean a lot to him.  He loves, loves, loves their eclairs.  Having the Lord speak to me so clearly about his intentions was awesome and I truly believe that his intentions are being realized with this journey.  I know that my husband knows that I love him, however I do not know if he experiences my love to the degree I experience the love of Christ.  Today I became even more clearer about how important respect, submission, unconditional love and being of service to my mate really means.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's with overflow?  How can you help him experience your love like you experience the unconditional, overflowing love of Christ?  I sit in amazement at how the Lord continues to teach me more and more about how to truly honor my husband.   I know buying my husband a surprise dessert is only the tip of the iceberg and I also know it's the little things that often make the greatest difference.  How can you honor your husband with overflow today? Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks! John 16:23
"A rose must remain with the sun and the rain or its lovely promise won't come true. "
Ray Evans 

No comments: