Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 206 Honoring My Husband With Remembrance

Today I am honoring my husband in remembrance of the September 11th events.  As I watched the many  stories and recollections of the day our country was changed forever it left me with a great sense of pride and sadness all at once.  I am not a big fan of tennis but today I had the opportunity to hear Queen Latifah sing our country's anthem as the opening of the Tennis Masters.  At first I was quite surprised at the melody at which it played and then I was intrigued.  The melody had somewhat of a Caribbean, Latin, and Jazz rhythm that was quite soothing.  As she sang with the choir in the background men from the U.S. Marines unfolded the American Flag to the melody.  It was such a beautiful sight that it brought tears to my eyes.  I remember saying to myself, I love this country.

Today I am honoring my husband in remembrance because I know it is only by the grace of God that I have the opportunity to share my love for him when so many lost their husbands 10 years ago today.  I listened to several personal stories last night and today my Pastor wanted to be sure our church acknowledge the significance of 9/11 as a congregation.  There was something about watching the events of that day all over again while in the presence of the Lord. It was a clear reminder that God is always in control.  No matter who or what tries to tear you down, God will always put you back together. 

Today in remembrance of 9/11 and to all the children, wives, husband, mothers and fathers that lost loved ones I send my heartfelt prayers to you that God has kept you, given you peace in your heart and has provided for all your needs.  May you continue to rest in his arms of comfort and find joy throughout the remainder of your years.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"May God's grace, blessing, peace, love and joy fill the hearts of us all that we may honor the memory of those lost on that day and find the LOVE we all shared and needed across the nation." RAS

No comments: