Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 220 Honoring My Husband With Mercy

Okay so yesterday I honored my husband for the shift I have noticed in his behavior.  Over the past few weeks it has been hard to miss.  However today I am honoring him with mercy.  He had committed to making dinner today and conveniently forgot. Today I am honoring my husband with mercy. 

I was not happy about him falling back on this commitment; however I know I serve a God that offers me mercy every single day.  I had no energy to try and change the situation so I decided to let it be with a simple reminder.  I was also reminded that it is Sunday and it is football season.  I truly believe he had forgotten that detail himself when he made the offer.   I guess progress for a few days is better than no progress at all.  It seems there is a lot of truth in the notion that when we take two steps forward we take one step backwards.  Today I am honoring my husband with mercy for the steps backwards and acknowledgement for the steps forward because there is also truth to the notion that we have to take two steps backward to propel forward.  I'm looking forward to the accelarated progress.

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband's with mercy?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." Exodus 33:19

No comments: