Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 213 Honoring My Husband With Exhilaration

YEH! The last day of class.
The joy of joint accomplishment.
Today is an exciting day for me; it is the last day of class in my program.  I cannot believe that two years  has come and gone and I am so excited for the blessing of completion.  It was a joyous day and it was a sad day.  I have spent the past two years building relationships with the other 18 members of my cohort so it was sad for it to end yet joyous that we have completed the program.

Today I am honoring my husband with exhilaration.  As I end the program it affords me the opportunity to spend more time at  home and hence more time with Bryan.  Although I have three final papers and the comp exam to complete, I am basking in this moment of joy.  I was quite exhausted on yesterday and still tired today but I feel so much lighter knowing most of the work is behind me.  Honoring my husband with exhilaration means I am allowing myself to properly thank him for his patience, support, love and encouragement over the course of the program.  There were times when I did not know if I could do the work or finish a project and he was always very encouraging.  Today I honor him with exhilaration because we made it through two years of school together.  He has made a huge sacrifice to allow me to quit my job, go to school full time and start my business.  I have a wonderful husband and today I a honoring him with exhilaration because of it.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husbands with exhilaration? What has he done that has filled your heart with joy or has allowed you to accomplish something you always wanted to, yet it required a sacrifice not only on your part but his as well?  How can you honor him with exhilaration on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." George S. Patton

2 comments:

Conny said...

CONGRATULATIONS on completing your program!! I am sure your husband is proud of you as well.

Rochelle said...

Thank you Conny, He is. I was so tired last night that I had forgotten I had not totally completed my post. It is truly exciting to get to the end of a great journey. A few more papers and a comprehensive and I am good to go. Thank