Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 209 Honoring My Husband With Compassion

Wednesday was the day for Bryan to go to court to face the tenant that caused major problems and frustrations to everyone who encountered her.  Although Bryan went in with several witnesses, documentation and a clean record as a landlord; the judge ruled in favor of this insane tenant on a technicality.  What was interesting to me was the fact the judge chose to ignore the facts that the only reason why the technicality existed was because of her sabotage. 

Of course Bryan was not happy about it.  Mainly because he went in with hopes in the justice system.  It was a sad reminder that it does not matter how much proof you have, when going before the court system the judge can rule however they choose which is a travesty.  Today I honored my husband with compassion.  He was quite disappointed at the outcome and the state of our justice system.  I could not help but think about how many people in our prison systems that are innocent and got convicted because of a judges impartiality or how many have gotten off on a technicality. 

I am so grateful that my final judge is Jesus.  He is a judge that provides grace and mercy, takes into account all the evidence and determines our fate based on facts.  I'm so glad we serve such an awesome forgiving and grace providing Lord.  Today I honored my husband with compassion and I could do that only because of the compassion the Lord shows me everyday. 

Wives of the world in what way can you or do you honor your husband with compassion? Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"God, your God, is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you, he won't bring you to ruin, he won't forget the covenant with your ancestors which he swore to them." Deut. 4:29

No comments: