Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 225 Honoring My Husband's Mood

My husband deals with the public every day.  Sometimes he comes home and I can tell he has been beat down by the pressures of his work. Today was one of those days.  I really wanted to share some of the trials I experienced in my day but as I looked at him I could tell he really needed his man cave.  His eyes said I can't think another moment.

Today I honored my husband's mood.  Although I was ready to engage him in much conversation, I recognized it was not what he needed most.  I thought about the concept of CHAIRS from day 207; one of them was his need for shoulder to shoulder friendship and I believe today was one of those days for just that so that is what I am providing.

Wives of the world how can or do you honor your husband's mood?  Do you take it personal if he is not mentally or emotionally able to meet you where you are at the end of the day?  How do you honor his mood when it is different than yours?  How can you honor his mood this week?  I have to say the ability to honor my husband's mood is definitely a learned behavior.  There was a time when I did not understand his need for cave time and that presented some challenges in our early years.  I am so grateful for marital growth and discovery, for it is the salvation of any good marriage.  Please share your stories about how you can honor your husband's mood.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The warmth of one's touch is just enough to soothe the soul of another." RAS

2 comments:

Conny said...

Good to get caught back up w/ you today after my week long trip.
I especially "get" this post - my husband works with people & kids all day too (some who are disgruntled, some who are unreasonable, etc) - and I try hard to watch his moods as well. He's overall very steady; however, I do try to provide a haven for when he gets home from work since I don't work outside the home any more (usually).

I also have heard about a term you mentioned "shoulder-to-shoulder" time ... instead of face-to-face. I think it was our pastor's wife who said sometimes you just have to sit beside your husband & just be there instead of demanding face time.

Rochelle said...

Thanks Conny for your comments. I like the idea of providing a haven. Sometimes the only place our husband's gets a safe haven is at home. Glad to know you arrived back home safely.