Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 224 Honoring My Husband's Discernment

Discernment, the gift that keeps on giving.
My husband and I are both gifted with the spirit of discernment.  The best part about it is that our gift  shows up in two different ways.  We are able to support each other because God shows us different things.  Bryan is phenomenal at recognizing the character of people almost immediately.  He has often amazed me at his ability to read a person at an initial meeting only later to be proven correct.  He can see right through to some one's character.  Because of his keen sense of discernment there are times when we may disagree.  I give everyone the benefit of the doubt however if he sees something negative that aligns to his initial assessment or if he sees something negative that contradicts his initial positive assessment, it is a closed case for him.  I on the other hand try to reason the good in every situation.

A while ago he shared with me that he did not think someone had my best interest at heart.  He believed the friendship was based on what the other person got out of the relationship.  He felt I was always on the giving end while the other person was on the receiving end.  Of course I continued to give this person the benefit of the doubt.  I recently had an experience that raised my awareness and validated what Bryan already knew.   This revelation saddened me but I sat in appreciation of this new awareness.  Now the question becomes, so now what.  I do not know what lies ahead and will allow God to lead me according to his will.  In the meantime, I am honoring my husband's spirit of discernment.

What is so amazing to me is that although he believes with conviction what he sees when it comes to our relationship with others, however he does not always seem to trust this same gift when it comes to business.  I guess that is why God put us together so we can watch out for each other in both arenas.  I feel blessed to know Bryan always has my back and best interest at heart.  It is like receiving a gift that each time you unwrap the first box there is another one wrapped inside awaiting to be exposed.  It is the gift that keeps on giving.  Even though I continued to give the person the benefit of the doubt, I always had in the back of my mind what Bryan believed so I know God used him to reveal my blind spot. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's spirit of discernment?  Maybe his discernment does not come in the form of knowing the character of others, but maybe it comes in the form of the children, the household, your family, or the finances?  I believe that the Lord gives all of us the gift of discernment to some degree in some area, and it is up to us to recognize and appropriately use that gift.  How can you honor your husband's gift of discernment today?  What has he been trying to tell you that you do not see and because you do not see it, it is not real for you?  How can you honor, respect and unwrap his gift today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I thank God for the spirit of discernment, it is like intuition on steroids." RAS

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge
and all discernment." Phillipians 1:9 KJV

2 comments:

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Hey, Rochelle! I really like the message of your blog. It's such an important one! I wish I had more time to read more of your posts. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, too, for connecting with me and for becoming a Follwer on my blog! It's great to meet you!

And if you liked my post from yesterday, come back next Thursday when I post again along those same lines.

Thanks again!

Toyin O. said...

I really like this, I love the way your husband gift perhaps compliments somethings that are lacking in your discernment. I always love reading your marriage counsels. thanks for sharing.