Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 202 Honoring My Husband With An Intervention

This past week my husband surprised me with a venture he has entered into.  Several years ago he purchased a property that houses a restaurant.  He never intended to run the restaurant but when the person leasing the property decided not to continue he was faced with the decision to keep it going to maintain the liquor license. 

Over the past few years it has been opened and closed a few times for several reasons.  However most recently he has partnered with a very well known chef to operate the business.  He had decided to go into a legal corporate partnership with this person.  Although I had not met the person, bells began going off in my head about the potential financial liabilities.  To make a long story short, today I honored my husband with an intervention by talking to my cousin an accountant about the best way for Bryan to be protected in this situation.

His main concern was that he did not want the property sitting and not brining in any income and my concern was that I do not want him to be legally and financial tied to someone he does not know.  Fortunately my cousin helped us come to agreement on how to handle the situation.  Turns out we were both accurate in aspects of our positions we just needed to combine the two thoughts to ensure  the relationship with this partner is salvaged and Bryan is protected financially.  He was happy I intervened and feels a lot more comfortable with the path forward.  I just praised the Lord for having someone I could call upon to get some good objective counseling.

Wives of the world in what ways do you, can you or have you honored your husband with an intervention?  How have you intervened to help  him make sense out of a situation?  Most times I stay out of Bryan's business, however I know enough to know that when I am uncomfortable with something he is about to do, I cannot ignore those feelings; as they may cost him and me in the end.  Sometimes it is as simple as him deciding on which tenant to choose for an apartment and other times it is something major like today.  I just feel blessed that the Lord has gifted me with the spirit of discernment to know when I need to step in.  Please share your stories with us; we would love t hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Pay attention to the voice inside, it is the God within us providing direction for the necessary intervention." RAS

No comments: