Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 207 Honoring My Husband With CHAIRS


 Yesterday I pulled out another book I purchased in the not so far past.  The book is entitled Love & Respect,  The Love She Most Desires, and The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  I heard from a very good source (thank you Orsolya) that it is one of the best books on the market for those serious about following God's design for marriage.  The author speaks about the concept of providing more energy for your marriage through a process called CHAIRS.  It is an acronym that stands for six major values that our husbands hold:
  • Conquest - His desire to work hard
  • Hierarchy - His desire to protect and provide
  • Authority - His desire to serve and to lead
  • Insight - His desire to analyze and counsel
  • Relationship - His desire for shoulder to shoulder friendship
  • Sexuality - His desire for sexual intimacy
The concept of CHAIRS is intended to teach us wives how to spell respect (there goes that word again) to our husbands.  Today I am honoring my husband with the concept of CHAIRS.  My intention is to review each of the concepts and share my learning's with you.  Yes I know I probably have a few more learning's left to share about the 7 Secrets to a Happier Marriage and the 7 Revelations and now I am adding CHAIRS.  Don't worry I have not forgotten and will continue with each of them in the near future.  Stay tuned as I continue to dissect how we can be the change we want to see by honoring our husbands according to God with CHAIRS.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with the concept of CHAIRS (no it does not include using one to knock him over the head)?  Please feel free to join me as I learn more about respecting and honoring my husband using these concepts.  I can't wait to see what I learn.  I am truly beginning to see a pattern in all of the marriage material so I am really interested to see if there are some simple yet impactful lessons.  So far the best lesson has been the 1 minute hug.  They were truly dead on with that one and if you have not incorporated it into the welcoming of your mate, you are truly missing a treat.  Please share your stories with us; as you follow along the journey of using CHAIRS.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Deeply respect God, your God. Serve and worship him exclusively. Back up your promises with his name only." Deut. 6:13 The Message

3 comments:

Conny said...

Great book ... When we studied it in my Sunday School class, I found it to be a little repetetive - but I think I finally got the point: the basic foundation of a good marriage is just this: Men need respect; women need love.

Rochelle said...

Conny thanks for the very nice cliffnotes version. I will be diving into the book further this week. I'm curious to see what if anything is new.

Rochelle said...

Conny thanks for the very nice cliffnotes version. I will be diving into the book further this week. I'm curious to see what if anything is new.