Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 107 Honoring My Husband With Good Service

Today was not much different than most days.  I had a couple of appointments, completed some work for school and my church ministry. When it came time to write my blog, I think for the first time I was stuck.  I began to ask the Lord did I miss something today.  As I reflected on the day and asked myself, how did I honor my husband today?  We spoke several times, I shared my day with him in the evening and he shared with me but I was still stuck.  When I usually sit down to write the Lord floods me with how he used me on that day to honor my husband so here I sat trying to figure out did I miss the boat today and then the Lord spoke.

When Bryan arrived home it was late but I knew he had not eaten.  I had not cooked dinner because he asked me to meet him somewhere and I did not have the time to cook dinner beforehand.  I returned home first so when he arrived I asked if he wanted dinner. I was tired but also knew he was probably hungry so I proceeded to fix him a quick, easy but tasty summer dinner.  The Lord reminded me that I had honored my husband.  I do this so often I had forgotten that this act of service is also honoring him.  

Now that I reflect upon it, he offered to make dinner for  himself but I said no, I will take care of it.  In that moment I can recall thinking he has been working all day and this is the least I could do for my husband is make sure he is fed well since I had not prepared dinner.  I guess I can feel good that this is one area where I do not have to think about honoring him because it comes so natural to me.  Today I honored my husband with good service.

I love for Bryan to take me to dinner.  When he does I love and reward good service; however I feel the service he receives at home should always far exceed any service he gets outside the home by a stranger.  Honoring my husband with good service is my honor.

Wives of the world how do or can you honor your husband's with good service?  Does he get better service at a restaurant than he does at home?  Do you feel it is an honor for you to be of good service to your husband?  How can you honor him today with good service?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi

No comments: