Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 130 Honoring My Husband With A Sense of Urgency

Praise be to God for water!
Today we continued the saga of being waterless in our home.  Of course it could not happen at a worse time.  Both Bryan and I had previous engagements today and someone needed to be home to wait for the plumber to repair our well.  I was scheduled to teach a session at my church and Bryan had a court date scheduled.  I attempted to see if I could schedule the plumber in the afternoon once my class was done but Bryan was concerned we would miss our window of opportunity for the Friday work day and run into paying weekend rates.

At the end of the day I had to honor my husband's sense of urgency and be the one to stay home.  Praise be to God, the great news is we now have running water!  I really have such an appreciation for this luxury we have in America; as I know there are so many countries that do not have running water and cannot just call a plumber to get it working.  My heart goes out to anyone in such a predicament.  Today I honored my husband with a sense of urgency by re-prioritizing to ensure we would have water in our home and not have to worry about how we were going to take a shower and even more critical what to do about Sunday's party.  Praise God he never ceases to amaze.  He may not come when you want him but he is always right on time.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's with a sense of urgency?  What was your response when you had a commitment but the priorities of home and life had to take precedence?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value."

    I Like this quote I dislike this quote

No comments: