Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 126 Honoring My Husband's Skills

What the challenge today has been with technology.  My apologies to my daily readers about the delay in completing my post for yesterday.  I wish there was a back up to the back up, back up.  If that makes any sense.  Well enjoy my journey from yesterday and stay tuned later for today's journey.  Rochelle

Bryan and I have very different personality types.  He is very black and white and I see gray, he does not mix business and pleasure and I think there should be a balance of the two in any working relationship.  If someone owes him money, he typically is not concerned about their personal situation and I typically am.  We are just very different in our approach; however there is a great benefit to how we complement each other.

Bryan is the ultimate negotiator and I would say I am okay but it depends on the situation.  I have a tendency to allow my heart to get in the way of my decisions which can be very beneficial at times and damaging at others.  I recently had a situation where I needed the ultimate negotiation skills because my heart was very much engaged.  So I referred to Bryan and he was able to provide some coaching that enabled a win/win solution.  Today I honored my husband by referring to his intellectual skills and our differences.  It was quite helpful and I felt honored that he has such an ability to see black and white because although I do not prefer that approach there are times when it truly is needed.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's skills?  Does he know what aspects of his personality that is different than yours are of true value to you and your family?  How can you honor his differences and skills today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Differences are what make the world a greater and more interesting place to explore."

No comments: