Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 111 Honoring My Husband By Following Through

Today I honored my husband by following through on several commitments I have made over the past 111 days.  On day 50 I committed to good health, day 92 by greeting him with a smile, and day 108 by saying yes for a week with no attachment.  With the best of intentions I have tried to continue the good health through cooking but have fallen off the wagon a few times because of rushing.  The commitment to smile I must say is not a huge challenge for me because I typically smile.  However this yes thing I am finding quite interesting and challenging at the same time but I am truly committed to following through on each one.

I realized through the help of a coach that I need to be more purposeful in my attempt to cook healthier.  Through the coaching process I was able to rediscover my love for cooking.  I used to love the creative aspect of cooking but when I started traveling a lot and with carrying a full load in school, cooking became more a burden than fun.  Now that I have remembered what I loved so much, I have put some systems in place to recreate that feeling of creativity and I cannot wait to put them into action.

As for the smiling commitment, as I already mentioned that was not too much of a challenge.  The key has been for me to recognize when I am so engrossed in my work that I may be pleasant in my welcome it may not always be accompanied with a smile because of what I am facing.  My technique to keep it going is to remember the song by Kirk Franklin, Smile.  I cannot believe how much I play it over in my head but I have found it very rewarding for us both.

The commitment to say yes has been interesting because in only 4 days I have come to realize just how much I used to actually say no or not now.  It has been quite amazing to learn this about myself.  Saying yes has also been challenging because there were a few things that required a greater sacrifice than I would have liked but I had to follow through.  Today I am honoring my husband by following through on these few and sometimes simple commitments.   I believe they are and will continue to have a positive impact on me and our relationship.  I know Bryan is seeing the change in me and I too have seen a change in him.  It has been great to watch our subtle yet impactful change.

Wives of the world in what ways are you or do you honor your husband's by following through?  What commitments to change have you acknowledged to him that you are or are not continuing to do?  What commitments do you find especially challenging to keep?  What have you learned about yourself as you try to make a difference in your relationship?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." Author Unknown

"Commitment turns a promise into reality with words that speak boldly of your intentions and actions that speak louder than words." Steve Brunkhorst



No comments: