Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 120 Honoring My Husband With Accommodating

I have mentioned on a few occasions about the distance Bryan and I live from Baltimore City, over 60 miles north of the city.  Unfortunately, it is the location where we spend most of our time so we spend a lot of time on the road.  Today I had a teaching event in a city south of Baltimore and tomorrow Bryan has a business engagement also south of Baltimore. 

Earlier today we discussed the possibility of staying in Baltimore so he could get to his event and not have to worry about the traffic.  I thought we ended that conversation by stating we would stay at home and stay in Baltimore on tomorrow evening and Bryan thought the reverse.  In the event I am honoring my husband today by accommodating his need to meet his business appointment in the morning by staying in Baltimore City on tonight.  This is really a win/win situation. I do not have to make the almost two hour trip home and Bryan will not have to get up at the break of dawn to make his appointment.  I love it when things just work out for the good of everyone.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband by accommodating?  In what area might you be able to ensure a win/win for the two of you instead of a win/lose situation?  So often we talk about the aspect of compromise in a marriage and I do believe there is a great degree of and need for  compromise in marriage.  However I also believe that compromise does not mean win/lose; but win/win.  It is more about how can each partner get a little of what they both want instead of how does one partner get all of what they want at the expense of the other.  How can you honor your husband with accommodating today?  Please share your story with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The Law of Win/Win says, Let’s not do it your way or my way; let’s do it the best way”
Greg Anderson

No comments: