Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 115 Honoring My Husband With Space

Today the Lord gave me a true perspective of what it means to offer space.  I was supposed to be at one of our properties today for a showing.  However on Tuesday a group I am working with realized we were not going to complete  our project for school and had to schedule time to meet on this evening.  Well there was absolutely no way I would have made it from Baltimore to DC in time for the meeting had I led the showing.  I had to ask Bryan to fill in the gap. 

Initially he said it would be no problem, but as the time approached today he was not too happy about having to change his plans and he needed to let me know.  So today I honored my husband with space, space in terms of air space so he could vent his frustrations about having to make the change.  As I pondered on his need to vent about this issue, I also wondered how often  the Lord allows us space to vent about whatever we may feel is not going according to plan.  I'm so grateful he offers space by providing mercy and grace.

Wives of the world how do you honor your husband's with space?  Do you allow him the space to vent his frustrations, even when you may not agree with the contexts of the conversation?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: