Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 109 Honoring My Husband With Demonstration

Thank you to those of you that made notice my post on yesterday did not transmit. 

We had the pleasure of attending the high school graduation of my husband’s nephews.  After the graduation the family went to dinner and one of my nephews was accompanied by his girlfriend.  It was so nice to see their young affection for each other.    Bryan is such a comedian and made a few humorous comments about their relationship.   At one point the girlfriend made a comment about being together for the long haul and about not having someone order dinner for her.  Her words were, “We don’t do that anymore.”
At the moment she said it I responded by saying Bryan does not order my food either and then I realized, well sometimes he does.  I then began to think about how awesome it is to be with someone for many years and they know you well enough to know what you like at just about any dining establishment.  I had to recant my statement to the young lady and share that it is actually not a bad thing to have your mate know what you want well enough to order it for you after many years of togetherness.  Today I honored my husband by demonstrating how to acknowledge the little things he does that expresses love.
As I quickly pondered on this short dialog I wondered what were we teaching this young couple about love, marriage and being life mates.  Now these were two high school kids and probably both their first love.  They will be heading to two different colleges and will most likely be left with memories of each other in the years to come; nonetheless I know that we are always teaching something to those in our presence. 
My hope is that they learned it is okay for a wife to allow her husband to order for him, and what a pleasure it is to have your husband open the door for you or wait for you to allow you to enter into an establishment before him.  My hope is that they learned affection does not always have to be expressed overtly but can be very subtle, like smiling at each other, walking hand in hand, a touch of the face or sharing your meal or acknowledging the small things your mate does.  My hope is that they learned love is how you demonstrate your love to each other.  Today I honored my husband by partaking in our demonstration of love to one another.  The best part about it is we were just being us.
Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband’s with a demonstration?  I once read something that said “Be careful how you treat your husband, the kids are watching.”  I thought what an awesome wake-up call about what we are teaching those around us.  Bryan and I do not have kids; however I know there are many kids that watch us on a regular basis.  I hope we are teaching them the lessons God would want them to know about life and marriage.  Wives are you teaching your kids and the kids around you what God would want them to know about being married?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.
Blessings,
Rochelle

"They do not love that do not show their love." Shakespeare

No comments: