Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 113 Honoring My Husband With Passion

The Love of Culinary Creativity
Today I am thanking Jesus for the rediscovery of my passion for cooking.  I mentioned back on day 72 how I was experiencing challenges with my culinary skills.  By getting to the core of the challenge I have rediscovered why I used to love cooking so much. 

The past couple of days I was quite excited about the possibilities.  Today I honored my husband with my rediscovered passion for cooking.  It is amazing how easy it is for something we love to become more a burden than an activity that we enjoy.  I wondered how often does this actually happen where we lose sight of the enjoyment of something because it has become a requirement instead of a blessing to our spirit, soul and loved ones.  I may not be the greatest cook but I do know anything you do with love and passion goes up exponentially without it.

I have often heard women speak of sex in this manner.  When they first got married they loved it and today it is a burden or more of their wifely duties as opposed to an activity of enjoyment for them and their husband's.  I have to admit there were times when I have felt that way but thank the Lord he took care of that spirit pretty quickly. 

This has given me pause to further think about what other great activities of enjoyment I have allowed to go by the wayside.  In the meantime, I am going to enjoy honoring my husband with my passion for cooking.  It is amazing how by simply changing how we think about something we change how we feel about it.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband's with passion?  Is there anything that you used to love that now feels more like a burden?  How can you change what you think about those activities so you can also change how you feel about them?  It is such a liberating experience.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"He who has no passion has no principal or motive to act." Claude A HelvTitus
"Live with passion." Anthony Robbins

No comments: