Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 131 Honoring My Husband With A Secret

http://www.husbandsgetlucky.com/
Purchase the ebook for $4.99
I came across an interesting book while perusing a blog I have been following.  On the blog was a give away for a new eBook called The Husband's Guide to Getting Lucky.  I thought what a cool title and I'm intrigued about what it may entail.  My interest was further peaked when I realized that the proceeds will go towards a mission trip to Cambodia. I was all in at that point.

Today I am honoring my husband with a secret.  The secret I hope he'll find hidden in this cute little booklet.
I have to admit there is a bit of selfishness in honoring him in this respect, for when he figures out the secret whatever it is I hope to also benefit.  What a wonderful win/win.  I love it when things work out that way.  At the end of the day if he does not get any great insight at least the person going to Cambodia will be just that much closer to getting there.

Wives of the world I hope you are encouraged to honor your husband's with a secret by passing along this booklet.  Just the idea of supporting someone to spread the gospel in another country is an awesome way to give back.  Please share your stories with us about honoring your husband with a secret; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The secret to humor is surprise." Aristotle

2 comments:

Conny said...

You got the eBook!! That's awesome!!!! :) My hubby has still not read it - however, we've had a "week off" here so there hasn't been any TIME to read/relax at the rate things are going...(you can read my blog, we are currently STUCK in TUlsa, OK with a broken down car!).
I appreciated your post about honoring your husband's "sense of urgency" - it seems to apply to ME right now with this car situation. I am frustrated, discouraged, and overall down about being stuck here - but my husband is doing all he can to resolve the situations (perhaps not like I think he should - ha!); but I am trying to just keep my mouth SHUT & help HIM!! :) Pray for us!!

Rochelle said...

Hi Conny, I truly hope by now you have calmed down and are feeling much better and the situation has worked itself out. Being in a place of help when our husband's need it is absolutely awesome. Blessings,

Rochelle