Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 133 Honoring My Husband Through Negotiations

Last year we had an exchange student stay with us for a month.  She was from Spain and was a blessing to our home.  She and I so connected that she is coming back for a month this year on her own.  She and I have been emailing each other counting down the days.  She calls me her Maryland Mom and she will be here on this upcoming Saturday.  I'm pretty excited to see her.

However Bryan on the other hand its just another thing to do.  I have decided to take her to Niagara Falls this summer with my sister and niece.  Bryan figured it would be more cost effective because we would not need two rooms for accommodations.  Since she will not be in school this year the challenge will be how to keep a 16 year old engaged for 30 days.  That being said, I am honoring my husband through negotiating.  Her name is Maria and she will be celebrating  her birthday during her stay.  Last year we took her on the boat for her birthday and she was so overwhelmed with joy.  This year I will be teaching class the evening of her birthday and I am negotiating with Bryan to take her out for her birthday.  I am also negotiating with  him for the weekend excursions.  Bryan would much rather stay home and hang out on the boat than take a trip with a 16 year old.

Today I am honoring my husband through negotiations by trying to work through how he can support me in keeping a 16 year old engaged for the month.  If you have any grand ideas, I would love to hear them.

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband's through negotiations?  Do you try to negotiate things with him or do you just demand they are according to your path?  It is always easier to get more bees with honey.  Are you serving honey or sour milk in your requests?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"A smile is the secret to a successful negotiation."

No comments: