Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 119 Honoring My Husband With Attention

Sometimes I can go about my day, do what needs to be done for my business, school and home and before you know it the day has passed.  Although I am honoring my husband it does not always mean I am giving him the attention he needs or that I would like.  So today, I am honoring my husband with attention. 

I remember on the Oprah show a relationship expert said to keep the fire burning to kiss your partner for at least 30 seconds everyday. Bryan and I always kiss each other when we leave or first see each other, however it is usually a quick peck.  Today I wanted to demonstrate my attention to him by applying the expert's theory so I kissed him for over 30 seconds at entry.  As this process has been going, I am always learning. Today I learned that the concept of the 30 second kiss hold true.  It was not only a way to honor my husband but it was a way to receive pleasure myself, surprise him and set the stage for the remainder of the evening.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with attention?  Along with your continued yes, and the 30 second kiss and just see what happens.  When we give our attention to our loved ones through the sense of touch, we add another layer to our emotional deposit?  It increases our deposit by 100% and at the same time having the deposit returned.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention." Richard Moss

No comments: