Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 112 Honoring My Husband's Request

Today I felt like I was on a bus that was moving about 90 miles an hour and I just wanted to jump off without getting bruised. After my final meeting this evening, I proceeded to go home.  Bryan was in another part of town and as I drove down the road I started to get off the highway to go to where he was.  It was late and I thought I would miss him. 

Turns out that feeling I had was the Lord's way of letting me know that Bryan and I were on the same page.  I felt I needed to go to where he was because I had missed him all day.  We talked only once or twice, less than our usual so I was thinking it would be great just to spend some time outdoors before heading home.  Bryan called me right after I passed the exit leading to where he was and asked that I meet him for dinner.  It was at that moment that I realized it was the Lord that was directing me to the exit and I missed the opportunity to just go with the flow. 

Fortunately, I was in a position to still quickly get to where he was and we were able to spend some good although short quality time together.  Today I honored my husband by responding to his request which in actuality was just as much a need for me.   The lesson for me was - listen to that voice on the inside.  It is God speaking and he always knows best.  In this case, the maxim of yes was best.

Wives of the world in what ways do your or can you honor your husband's with a request?  Do you know when it is the Lord speaking to you for your husband and do you listen?  How can you honor your husband's request on today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"It has been my repeated experience that when you said to life calmly and firmly, I trust you; do what you must, life has an uncanny way of responding to your need." Olga Llyin

No comments: