Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 136 Honoring My Husband by Just Showing Up

Today I am honoring my husband by showing up.  I had a meeting in Baltimore City today and Bryan had another meeting on tomorrow morning.  Meanwhile I did an all nighter last night, I cannot believe I even have the capacity to do such a thing anymore but I did.  Normally I would drive to the city for my meeting drive all the way back home and then return the next day.  Today I am honoring my husband by just showing up and taking him up on the request to stay in Baltimore tonight instead of going back home.    
In the book I am reading, Improv Wisdom, one of the principles is “Just Show Up.”  The author, Patricia Ryan Madson shares that Woody Allen says showing up is 80% of the success.  She suggests creating a ritual of showing up by identifying a habit you wish you had.  My habit will be showing up in the bedroom.  I have been so busy that I typically go to bed later than Bryan so by the time I get to bed he is well asleep and makes me well aware of going to bed after him.  Now of course it is not about going to bed but being in bed that becomes the problem.  Today I am honoring my husband by making a habit of showing up in the bedroom before my husband goes to sleep and will continue to do so in a new way that matters.
Wives of the world in what way can you honor your husband by showing up?  Is there any area where you have been absence in your marriage?  Is there a habit or ritual of showing up you can begin that will be honoring of your husband, you and your marriage?  Please share your story with us; we would love to hear from your stories.
Blessings,

Rochelle

2 comments:

Conny said...

Such a good reminder for me, Rochelle!! I am like you & stay up way too late, doing "stuff" while my husband goes to bed. I am a night person though & he is a morning bird. I've written about that in the past - how the night owl & the morning bird can get along ... but anyway, I really should work on "showing up" in the bedroom BEFORE my husband is asleep too. Many friends mention that is when they do their best talking, cuddling, etc ... I just forget. I need to make time for it. God bless!!!!!

Rochelle said...

Thank you Conny for sharing. I like the concept of the night owl and the early bird because that is us. I did not realize how much of a night owl I really was until this past year. I do my best work at night and my husband says he does to but I just don't show up for him to get it done. Let's enjoy our husband's and all they have to offer us in the evenings by simply showing up. Blessings,

Rochelle