Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 127 Honoring My Husband Buck Naked

Buck Naked Marriage: by Dr Corey Allan.
http://www.simplemarriage.com/
Today I came across an interested tool to help marriages thrive.  It is called Buck Naked Marriage by Dr. Cory Allan.  At first glance I thought it was going to be about clearing the internal clutter to allow our authentic selves to emerge in our marriage.  However after reading the details I learned that it is more about focusing on the bare essentials of marriage like money, kids, and family.

I know these things are very important to work on and I love the concept of being buck naked in marriage.  I personally like the idea of stripping ourselves of the mask sometimes worn to protect the self image we may have created.  Today I am honoring my husband by being buck naked and ensuring that I am always showing my authentic self by owning my stuff, speaking from the heart, sharing what needs to be said in love and exposing what needs to be seen or shared for a greater us.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's with either concept of being Buck Naked?  How can you ensure you are always showing your authentic self? What can you do to focus on the bare essentials in your marriage?  Whichever you choose be sure it is the nakedness most needed in your situation?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

"A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short."  ~Andre Mauroi

No comments: