Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 116 Honoring My Husband By Sharing

This weekend I am away on my monthly learning excursion in Washington, DC.  I am always excited to learn more while at the same time dreading the added workload.  It's kind of like getting your favorite piece of candy and having to go through a traffic jam to get it.  While in class today I had the opportunity to share with someone about the blog and my husband while she shared some of her story with me.  It was such a nice exchange of pleasantries.  She shared a wonderful technique with me about how to help my husband reduce stress that I will definitely test out and share with you all when I do.

After having this conversation I was so appreciative of having the opportunity to be in a learning environment about one thing and getting an education on something totally unrelated to the classroom topic.  I cannot wait to try and share what I learned.  Today I honored my husband by sharing and received a lesson from a more experienced wife that my husband will certainly be very appreciative of and enjoy. 

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband by sharing?  I have always believed the blessings in life comes from giving rather than receiving and I was truly blessed today by the sharing from someone else and she too said it was a blessing to her.  Please share in what ways can you or have you honored your husband's by sharing and possibly getting blessed in the meantime?  We would love to hear your stories.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else." 2nd Corin 9:13

No comments: