Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 114 Honoring My Husband With A Continuation

Today is the 7th day since I committed to following the suggestion of Patricia Ryan Madson, the author of Improv Wisdom by honoring my husband  by saying yes for a week.  Well it has been quite the week.  As I mentioned a few days ago I have learned just how much I used to say not now.  This past week I was stopped in my tracks several times as I tried to hold true to saying yes. 

The best part about saying yes all week is that Bryan really noticed the difference.  I do not believe he realized exactly what was different but he knew something was different.  Because of this I am honoring my husband with a continuation of the commitment to say yes for at least one more week.  I just love when I am able to be of service to someone else, in this case my husband, and at the same time learn something about myself that changes me for the better.  God is so good.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with a continuation of a prior commitment?  Did you commit to saying yes for 7 days and if so are you willing to go the extra mile and commit to another 7?  Did you learn anything about yourself along the journey and did your husband take notice of the difference in you?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Every choice moves us closer to or farther away from something.  Where are your choices taking your life:  What do your behaviors demonstrate that you are saying yes or no to in life?"

No comments: