Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 167 Honoring My Husband With His Love Language

What Is Your Love Language?
 Yesterday the Lord set the stage for Bryan and I to have a very intimate conversation.  We were on our   boat and it began pouring down raining which took out the cable and the lights.  This set the stage for us to continue a conversation we had begun last week.  The conversation was about how we experienced love in our childhood.  My family demonstrates love emotionally, we share hugs and kisses all the time.  Bryan family demonstrates love through acts by doing things for each other.  As we discussed how this shows up in our marriage today we realized that we both show love in the way we received it as children but different than the way the other prefers to receive love.  What an ahay moment.

As we talked I shared with Bryan that it dawned on me that we were having a conversation about our love language.  I was referring to the book, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.  In this book the author shares that often time couples do exactly what Bryan and I do on a regular basis, that is demonstrate love the way we want to receive it instead of the way our partner may prefer or need.  He shares that it is a major cause of divorce because many times a couples emotional bank may be continuously on E(empty).  Fortunately for Bryan and I we both acknowledged that although we would like to receive love more often in the way we prefer, neither of us are running on an empty tank.  Praise God for that.

Today I am honoring my husband by putting into action his love language.  The Five Love Languages are

             1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
     3. Receiving Gifts.
    4. Acts of Service
    5. Physical Touch

Bryan's love language is Acts of Service and mine is Physical Touch.  When I do something of service for him it is like love money in the bank and when he shows affection to me with hugs and passionate kisses (outside the bedroom); I can live off of it for at least two weeks.  This is the power of loving your mate in the manner at which is most impactful to them.  Today I am honoring my husband with his love language by increasing my acts of service in his business.  As we continued our conversation we both also acknowledged the challenge it will be for both of us to increase our ability to demonstrate love in a manner that is outside our norm but we know the benefit to our marriage will be beyond measure.

Wives of the world in what ways can you or do you honor your husband's love language?  Do you know what your husband's love language is?  How full is his love bank?  Do you keep him with at least a 3/4 tank or is he almost on E on a regular basis?  One way to find out, ask him.  Take a moment to engage your husband in a conversation about love languages to find out if there is an opportunity to increase the emotional love money in your marriage.  Please share your stories with us.  By the way, if you do not have this book, get it.  Every marriage can benefit by intentionally increasing the exchange of the desired love language (http://www.amazon.com/Love-Languages-Secret-That-Lasts/dp/0802473156/ref=lh_ni_t#_).


Blessings,

Rochelle

"Love is a language all to its own, it sings like music and is worth more than gold." RAS

1 comment:

_Blogger_ said...

Love is a language all to its own, it sings like music and is worth more than gold.
Brilliant Quotation!
-MobileZone