Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 176 Honoring My Husband With A Happier Marriage

One of the things I have learned about marriage is that it is not easy.  The rewards are great, but to make it through the long haul it requires more than just getting up each morning and spending time together.  It requires a commitment to keeping the fire alive and adding happiness to each other's lives.  Because of this I am always looking for interesting things to do just to keep my husband wondering.  Today I am honoring him with a Happier Marriage. 

I came across a website called Real Relationships.  When I joined to get regular updates, I was rewarded with a list of the 7 Secrets to a Happier Marriage.  Today I am honoring my husband by making the commitment to try each one of the secrets over the next several weeks.  They are as follows:


     1. The "One Minute" Secret
2. The "Best Sex" Secret
         3. The "Cats and Dogs" Secret
  4. The "Last Laugh" Secret
       5. The "Lavish Praise" Secret
 6. The "Chemistry" Secret
  7. The "Big Dream" Secret

I cannot wait to put each one to the test to see if they add just a little more happiness to our lives.  Stay tuned to hear about how they did or did not work.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's with a happier marriage?  I know there are probably 1000's of list of how to's about improving one's marriage.  Every now and then I come across one that seems interesting, funny yet simple enough to give a try.  What, if any lists have you tried to use to help spice things up in your marriage?  How can you honor your husband with a happier marriage today?   Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

 "Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry." Tom Mullen

No comments: