Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 178 Honoring My Husband's Emotions

This weekend was another interesting and inspiring weekend at school. Bryan was out of town while I was in school so we had a hard time connecting with times.  So I was very excited to see him and was ready to honor his emotions.  Revelation number 4 is "Men want more sex" - Your sexual desire for your husband profoundly affects his sense of well being and confidence in all areas of his life.

Per the author sex unlocks the emotions of a man and we (the wives) hold the key.  She says "Your sexual desire for your husband profoundly affects his sense of well being and confidence in all areas of his life." At the most basic level our men want to be wanted just like we want to be wanted.  When asked the question, How import is it to you to also feel sexually wanted and desired by your wife, 67% responded very important.  There were two benefits to meeting our husband emotional needs through sex.  The first one is it makes  him feel loved and desired and the second is it gives him confidence.  That was a new revelation for me.  I was not aware how demonstrating my desire increases my husband's confidence.  So I guess I could say today I am not only honoring  his emotions but I am also honoring his confidence.  And of course there's a reciprocal benefit for me as well.  I just love win/win situations.

When we do not honor our husband emotions by demonstrating our desire for them there is a direct opposite negative impact in the form of two wounds they carry.  One is they feel incredibly rejected and two it can send them into depression.  I guess that explains some episodes I have experienced.  I have come to learn that my husband has an emotional time frame when it comes to the amount of time between sessions.  After 3 days he gets cranky, after four annoyed and after five he's the other side of Jekyll and Hyde. Now I get why.  Today I am honoring my husband's emotions to keep him in balance.  Men experience a no from their wife or significant other as a no to them as they are and not just a no to sex. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's emotions to build his confidence and help keep him out of emotional depression?  Our husband's are a tender heart hiding behind a lot of testosterone.  Show him that the desire for intimacy is on both sides of the fence.  Show your husband something different today and honor his emotions by demonstrating your desire for him.  He will love you more for it.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf." Jonatan MÃ¥rtensson

Wives of the world in what ways can you

2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Great post for all the wives out there:) Thanks for sharing.

Rochelle said...

Thank you Toyin. My only hope is that it will make a difference in someone's marriage beyond my own.