Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 195 Honoring My Husband With Progress

Listening with the heart brightens
the conversation.
 Today I am really proud of myself.  The Lord revealed to me an area where I have made great progress and  I am so excited about it.  Way back on day 15 I wrote about honoring my husband through listening.  That was back on the first of March.  I shared how the Lord convicted me when Bryan was talking to me and I was multi-tasking.  I also shared about the concept of listening for the "Gold".  Well today I am honoring my husband with my progress.

Since that time I have been working really hard to listen for the "Gold" when he is sharing something with me.  I created an acronym for the Gold called God's Opportunity Leading to Destiny.  The reason why I am honoring my husband with progress today is because I recognized how far I have come with listening.  Today when Bryan called me I was in the middle of my school practicum project.  I was just really getting into a groove and felt I finally lost my writer's block.  So when the phone rang I twitched because I did not want to stop, however I always check to see if it is Bryan calling and it was.  I not only answered but I stopped and walked away from what I was doing so he would have my full attention. 

Now to some of you that might not be a big deal, but to me it was major because I am the ultimate multi-tasker.  I had learned not to do so when he was in my presence but I had not realized that just by practicing the technique of listening for the Gold it has become just a part of how I do things.  I was so excited and smiled on the inside and just said thank you Jesus.  One of the great revelations I had was that when I listen for the Gold, I am not listening with my ears but I am listening with my heart.  When I listen with my heart I hear the story behind the emotions.  I hear his heart which brings me much joy.  Then I realized this was probably why I did not get too angry on Monday when I felt he hijacked my evening. I listened to his explanation with my heart and could hear his sincerity.

Wow! I am truly ecstatic because I began this journey to be the change I want to see and it is so cool to really experience myself in a different way and to see how it is positively impacting our marriage. I know my husband feels more heard than ever because he has shared that with me.  In Timothy the Lord says to be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.  I am grateful my diligence is paying off.

Wives of the world in what ways can you honor your husband's with progress?  Since being on this journey what major changes have you noticed in yourself that has translated into your marriage?  If you are still challenged to listen for the "Gold" try listening with your heart and see what happens.  I think you will be amazed at the transformation in you and your relationship.  Please be sure to share your stories with us; we would live to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Don't wait until everything is just right.  It will never be perfect.  There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions.  So what. Get started now.  With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."
Mark Victor Hansen
 

No comments: